This is the time of year when we’re often looking for something new or refreshing to teach us and help us grow. It’s fun to find new books and tools that will help us mature and achieve our growth goals.
I love reading and I love giving recommendations. A question I often get from my friends is “What book do you recommend for ______?”
Recently my friend Meredith asked about daily devotionals, so I thought it would be fun to create a post to share some of my recommendations for devotionals, books, Bibles, and Bible studies. I’ve read/completed most of these, a few of them are on my wish list.
- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
- He Holds My Hand by Carol Kent
- Unshakeable by Christine Caine
- Ever Faithful by David Jeremiah
- Jesus, Our Perfect Hope by Charles F. Stanley
- God’s Promises Every Day by Jack Countryman
- Fixing My Eyes on Jesus by Anne Graham Lotz
- Restoration Year by John Eldredge
You can subscribe to their e-mail lists and have daily devotions sent to your inbox.
- Our Daily Bread: You can also subscribe to their print version and it will be sent to you free in the mail monthly. Call (616) 974-2210 and they will set up your free subscription.
- Proverbs 31 Ministries
- The Year of Living Happy by Alli Worthington: Alli will be guest posting on my blog later this month!
- 100 Days to Brave by Annie F. Downs
- Embraced by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Better Mom Devotional by Ruth Schwenk
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Wives: I have a devotion in this book.
Devotionals for Kids
On My Reading List This Year
You can track my reads this year on Instagram via #andreasreads2019. You can find books I’ve previously read using #andreasreads.
- There is More by Brian Houston
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile: I started it last year and haven’t finished it yet.
- Forget the Corsage by Ginger Ciminello
- Made Like Martha by Katie M. Reid
- Remember God by Annie F. Downs
- Unashamed by Christine Caine
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
- Placemaker by Christie Purifoy: releases in March
- Why the Middle Matters by Lisa-Jo Baker: releases in July
- Wild and Free by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan
- Everybody Always by Bob Goff
Books I Love
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst
- Fierce Faith by Alli Worthington
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- 168 Hours by Laura VanderKam
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Called to Create by Jordan Raynor
- Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle
- The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
- Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker
- Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge
- Men are Like Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti by Bill and Pam Farrell
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Power of Gratitude: I have a fun story in this book.
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- Nothing to Prove by Jennie Allen
- Key Word Study Bible: New American Standard Version
- Life Application Study Bible: New Living Translation
- The Chronological Bible: New Living Translation
- CSB (in)courage Devotional Bible: This one is on my wish list
- Seamless by Angie Smith
- Breaking Free by Beth Moore
- Finding I Am by Lysa TerKeurst
- We Saved You a Seat by Lisa-Jo Baker
- Gideon by Priscilla Shirer
Most of these Bible studies have teaching sessions on DVD. You can rent them via Lifeway or may even be able to find them on YouTube.
(Many of these links are affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission for your purchase at no cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use or think you would enjoy.)
I’d also love to hear your recommendations, so reply and let me know what you’re planning on reading this year. I’m always looking for great books to add to my list.