I love this time of year, don’t you? The wonder of Christmas is in the air and there are so many fun things happening.
But with the holidays and so many extra activities going on, December is often hectic. There are so many extra responsibilities that we wives and moms are in charge of. They’re usually all good things, but too much good can wear a woman out.
Here’s where this blog post comes in! I’ve compiled some helpful gift ideas and articles to help make your December less stressful. Follow me on Instagram or Facebook where I’ll be sharing more throughout the month.
In case you missed it, last week I shared this truth on my Instastory:
You don’t have to do it all!
I am giving you permission, not that you needed any, to scale back this month:
- To say no to an invitation or two that will just stretch you thin.
- To say no to trying to buy the perfect gifts at the mall and being okaywith gift cards or something purchased and shipped via Amazon.
- You don’t even have to give gifts at all if finances are tight. Could yougive your loved ones your time instead?
- It’s okay to stay in your pajamas and snuggle up with your family whilewatching a Christmas movie this weekend instead of going out.
- You can say no to things that feel like obligations and trade them forthings you and your family love.
I used to get stressed about all there is to do around Christmas. What really helped change my ways was a question that popped into my head one day: would Jesus be pleased with my attitude throughout all the things I was doing—things that were supposedly in honor of His birthday?
If the answer to that is no, then we need to take a step back and focus on what really matters. We get to choose how we spend our time this month. We get to choose where we place our focus.
I have an ornament on my tree that says: The magic of Christmas is not in the presents, but in His presence.
Let’s do our best to live that out this month. If we find ourselves getting stressed along the way, let’s take a moment to pause and refocus on what really matters, Jesus.
Here are a few resources to help you out this month:
- DaySpring continues to have some great sales! Today for Green Monday, you can get $20 off a $60 purchase and free shipping! Other specials going on through December 17th include: 60% off select gifts, $5 mug and journal sale, and Christmas cards are buy 2 get one free. (*Link is affiliate.)
*Some of these links are affiliate links, which mean I receive a small commission for your purchase at no cost to you! I only recommend products I personally use or think you will enjoy.
- If you’d love to start your 2019 investing in yourself, your goals and dreams, sign up for my Balancing Mom Life class on January 26th. Registration is live today!
I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!